The 485 Graduate visa Australia is a temporary visa that allows international students to live, study and work after they have finished their studies, so it is subject to certain conditions.
Advantages of studying in Australia
Studying in Australia gives you:
• An excellent educational quality.
• Diverse academic programs from many types of specialised institutions.
• Worldwide acceptance of Australian titles and credentials.
• Quality of scientific research.
• Support for international students.
• A quality of life environment.
• A multicultural society.
• Be able to work while you study.
• Have the possibility to apply for a permanent residence visa at the end of your studies.
485 visa extension in australia for students close to graduation
Upon completion of a program of 2 years or more in Australia, you will be able to apply for a temporary Postgraduate Visa (subclass 485), which has 2 paths you can choose:
• Graduate Work Stream: This path is for international students who have the skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Specialised Occupation List (SOL). This can be granted for 18 months from the date of the grant.
• Post-Study Work Stream: This path is for international students graduating with a higher academic degree from an Australian education provider. This visa is only available to those students who applied for and were granted their first student visa to Australia as of November 5, 2011. This visa can be granted between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualification.
To apply for a Post Graduate Visa, you must:
• Be under 50 years of age.
• Have an eligible visa.
• Have had a student visa in the last 6 months.
• Have a recent grade in a CRICOS registered course.
• You must nominate only one path; It is not possible to change visa options after submitting the application.
• Attach specific evidence when submitting the application.
Internships in Australia: 485 graduate work stream
By doing your internship in Australia you will have the opportunity to enter the labour market in the best way possible within the environment of your profession.
To do an internship in Australia, your English level must be between 6.5 and 9.0 in IELTS (or have an equivalent qualification).
Those who do not have that level must take an English course that contributes to the completion of guaranteed internships.
What are the requirements?
Among the basic requirements are:
• The practices must be directly related to the studies completed.
• You must be taking a higher education course or recently graduated (having completed studies less than 2 years ago).
How long are the practices?
Internships can last a minimum of 6 weeks (1 month and a half) and a maximum of 26 weeks (6 and a half months), but the length of time will often depend on the company or the person and their objectives.
Advantages of doing an internship in Australia
• You will be able to carry out your professional internship in Australia once you finish different types of studies; both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, professional training, among others.
• You will be able to combine professional internships in Australia with other types of studies. Whether they are language courses or other subjects that you are interested in delving into.
• If after completing your internship you decide to return to your country of origin, this experience will be taken into account by the companies, as this increases your chances of finding a good job.
• You will be able to make professional contacts in Australia and with people from other countries.
Get a job in Australia with your professional degree: 485 post study work stream
By applying to the Post Study Work Stream, it allows you to work full time in the best paying jobs in the country. This is usually the most used option, so you must have completed 2 years of undergraduate, master, postgraduate or doctoral studies in Australia. To request it, you must pay a fee of AUD 1,650 and apply through the Department of Internal Affairs.
What is the cricos in Australia?
CRICOS Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students is the mandatory code that each course must have in order to process a student visa. Well, every education and course provider they offer must be approved in order to teach international students.
That is why it is extremely important that the course you choose to study must have CRICOS code so that you can do it without any inconvenience.
You just read: “Advantages for international students in Australia: 485 graduate visa” To receive our advice on your immigration process, you can contact us through our communication channels. Rest assured that in Visado we will be willing to help you fulfil your dreams in Australia.
Take the free eligibility test to find out what your score is and thus qualify for an Australian visa according to your profile. Besides, you can schedule a consultation with us and obtain an informative guide about the visa for which you want to apply.