Sydney - Melbourne - Brisbane - Gold Coast. Australia
Migration Agents
Blog Book OnlineEligibility Test

Learn about the different types of visa in Australia for a longer stay, without the need for citizenship.

To know if you can live in Australia without citizenship, it is necessary to be clear about the purpose of your travel and how long you want to stay since depending on this, it is recommended to have the corresponding visa.

One of the requirements to live in Australia is to have the appropriate visa, such as a visa for a temporary or indefinite stay. So if you want to live in Australia, then we will introduce you to the most promoted visas by the Australian Government to live in this incredible country without citizenship.

Visas to live in Australia without citizenship

Student visa

It is a visa that allows you a stay according to the length of the course you choose to study plus extra vacation time. For example, if you take a course lasting 12 months, your visa can last for approximately 14 months.

With this visa, you can study and work part-time at the same time so that you can pay for your stay and expenses. Besides, you don’t need a minimum level of English, there is no age limit to request it, and you can even travel with your partner to work part-time even if they are not a student.

Graduate Visa (485)

This visa is designed for all international students who have completed 2 years of their studies in the most demanded professions in Australia (the well-known Australian Occupation list).

Depending on the study, the duration of this visa is approximately 18 months and 4 years. Having the possibility to apply for the Skilled Visa and also start a great career in Australia.

Work & Holiday Visa (417)

The Work & Holiday visa is not available for all nationalities and places are limited. However, it grants permission to reside in Australia for 1 year. You can study for 3 months and work for a maximum of 6 months for the same company.

To apply for this visa, we recommend you take into account the requirements such as: being between 18 and 30 years old, having sufficient financial funds, being unaccompanied, and having a certified level of English and applying outside of Australia.

Tourist visa (600/651)

If you want to spend a vacation or live only a short time in Australia, this is the most appropriate visa, since with the Visitor 600 you can stay up to 12 months in the country and with the Visitor 651 a maximum of 3 months.

The tourist visa can be acquired by all nationalities and without any minimum level of English. It is only advisable to make sure that your passport covers all the time you will spend in Australia, make the request with the corresponding form and create the ImmiAccount to meet all the requirements.

Sponsored Visa (482)

This visa is known as a Sponsor Visa or Sponsorship and is a bit difficult to get if you apply outside of Australia, as it is a rare work visa.

The Sponsor visa or Sponsorship has an approximate duration of 3 and 4 years, but it is one of the most complicated visas since a company must justify why it needs a person or professional outside of Australia.

Now that you know how to live in Australia without citizenship, we recommend you learn a little more about each of these visas and apply to the one that best suits your needs, goals or dreams for which you want to travel to this wonderful country of opportunities. It will surely be your best experience!

Making your Australian Visa a reality

Leave a Reply

Information is one of the keys to success.

Stay up to date with the latest immigration news. Don’t miss any relevant announcements or information that can be useful to your process.

Recent News

Advantages for international students in Australia: 485 graduate visa
March 23, 2021
Complete guide for the Skilled work regional 491 visa australia
March 23, 2021
Complete guide for the skilled independent visa subclass 189
March 23, 2021