The 491 visa or visa sponsored by a family member residing in the regional areas of Australia, is in charge of benefiting the sponsored person, because their quality of life will improve significantly, in a country where crime and insecurity is almost 0%.
This visa allows the sponsor and the sponsored person to have the right to work and study anywhere in Australia; universities, health centers, among other benefits, can be enjoyed by them as if they were an ordinary Australian citizen.
Both will be able to travel all over Australia, buy houses, cars, and return to their country of origin as many times as they wish, in addition, in the future you will be able to sponsor another member of their family who wishes to migrate to Australia, in this way it will be possible to reunite the family, where everyone can enjoy an incredible territory.
After staying four years in the country, for an uninterrupted period of time, the sponsored person will be able to apply for his/her passport and Australian citizenship, thus becoming a dual citizen, having full rights and obligations with the Australian Government.
Family Sponsored Work 491 Visa – Migration Services Visa
The visa sponsored is a migration option that allows you to travel to Australia, being sponsored by your relatives, but if you do not know how to do this procedure, Visado Migration Service will gladly guide you through the whole process. Our migration agency has highly qualified staff, which will help you maximize the chances of the approval of your visa. A recommendation is that you take advantage of the first 6 months of the year to complete the process.
It is important to keep in mind that getting this type of visa is not as easy as it seems, remember that it does not depend on you, but on the Australian Government, however, it is essential that you meet the requirements requested so that they can grant this benefit.
Family Sponsored Work Visa 491 in Australia
Since November 16, 2019, the 491 or ‘Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa has been in charge of replacing the ‘Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – subclass 489’. The Australian Government decided that it will allow family members of skilled workers to live, work and study in the territory of koalas and kangaroos, in addition they will stay for a period of 5 years in the country, as long as they remain in the country.
living in the regional zones. The visa sponsored 491 has an advantage, which is that the applicant after 3 years will be able to apply for permanent residence.
So, if you have a close relative in Australia, you can apply for the Visa sponsored, remember that in addition to spending time with your family and loved ones, you will be able to work and study if you wish.
It is important to note the following:
- Only 15,000 places are open annually for the 491 Visa.
- The applicant’s profession must be in the list of 491 occupations, some of them are: statistician, economist, appraiser, management consultant, architect, surveyor, cartographer, chemical engineer, materials engineer, civil engineer, structural engineer, transportation engineer, electrical engineer, electronic engineer, industrial engineer, among others.
- This visa can be sponsored by a family member or the Australian State.
- The qualifying migration test score must be at least 65 points.
- You can only stay in the country for 5 years.
- For 3 years you must live and work in the regional areas of Australia, this way you will be able to obtain the permanent residence visa (visa 191).
- You or the migrating partner must have a minimum annual income of $53,900 AUD. The sponsored person may be in any occupation, but the sponsor must be in a Schedule 491 occupation.
- Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne do not qualify as regional areas.
- The regional areas are: Newcastle, Wollongong, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast, Perth, Gold Coast and Lake Macquarie.
- After obtaining the Visa sponsored, it will not be possible to apply for any other partner or public relations visa for 3 years.
It should be noted that this visa is not the first choice of immigrants, however, they decide to apply for it, because the requirements are less demanding.
Who is this visa for?
This is a recent visa, which is directed to those people with a “Skilled occupation”, to those nominated by a government agency, or to those who are sponsored by a family member. These people must migrate to the designated regional areas, where they must stay for 3 years, live, work and study in these areas, but as soon as they obtain the residence visa they can move anywhere.
Many people wonder if the sponsored person can travel with a family member, and the answer is yes, they just need to be included at the time of submitting the visa application. It is important that the family members or sponsors applying for the visa meet the health requirements requested by the Australian Government.
If the application does not include a spouse or children, it is necessary to describe the reason, they may both be resident citizens, or already have citizenship.
Cost of the 491 Visa sponsored
The main applicant will have to pay a value of 4.045$ AUD, and for each extra family member there will be a charge. In addition, it should be known that the applicant who is 18 years of age or older, but does not speak English very well will also have an additional charge, which is called the second payment, and must be paid when the Government requires it. It is important to note that this payment is only requested if the visa will be granted.
The second fee payable by the sponsored member is $4,890 AUD.
The visa sponsored can be applied for from within or outside Australia, however, if the sponsored member is within the territory they must hold a Bridging visa subclass A to C, otherwise the temporary visa application will not be processed.
The processing time for this visa may vary depending on the case and circumstances. But the process may take a little longer than normal if….
- Supporting documents are incomplete, as well as the submitted application.
- Delay in responding to requests for additional information.
- Delay in verifying supporting information provided.
What does this mean for immigration opportunities?
The new visa sponsored has changed immigration opportunities in a positive way. These migration options allow qualified people in the country to be reunited with their family, however, they must also meet the general characteristics requested by the country, such as a good level of English and sufficient funds to be able to have a stable life in Australia.
It is important to highlight that those sponsors, as well as those who apply for the 491 Visa, will be able to obtain residency in the country, as long as they stay for a period of 3 years in the regional areas of Australia. Undoubtedly, the impact of the 491 Visa is positive and has generated multiple migratory opportunities, which allow foreigners to improve their quality of life, and at the same time make a positive contribution to the country.
What to consider before applying?
To apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa sponsored 491 our recommendation is that you get advice from a trusted immigration agency, such as Visado Migration Services, here we take care of improving your chances of obtaining your visa from the beginning.
What are the special characteristics of the Family Sponsor Visa 491?
- It is a visa that can only be sponsored by close family members (uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, cousins, or any family member living in Australia.
- The 491 visa allows you to work and study.
- Whoever sponsors a relative must be over 18 years of age.
- It is a visa that allows you to reside in designated regional areas of Australia.
- The sponsor must be in an occupation listed in the MLTSSL.
- The minimum English level of the sponsored person must be 6 in IELTS.
- Must have Australian health insurance.
- The qualifying migration points test must be a minimum of 65 points.
Requirements for the 491 Visa to work in Australia
- Applicants for the 491 visa must be under 45 years of age.
- Your occupation must be on the list of medium and long term occupations.
- English language level must be proficient.
- Must have a positive skills assessment.
- Your score on the immigration points test must be 65 points.
- A close relative residing in the designated areas must nominate a family member.
- Health requirements must be met.
- The sponsor must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must live in the regional areas of the Australian territory.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to nominate a family member.
- The eligible relative can be your own or your partner’s relative.
Who can I choose for the 491 Visa?
- Children or stepchildren.
- Aunts and uncles.
- Nieces and nephews.
- First cousins.
It is important to know that it does not matter if they are of the same blood, adopted or close foster relatives, the important thing is to prove the link and that the immigration department approves the sponsorship.
Changes in points for Skilled Migration
Following the advent of the Visa Sponsored, some scores were introduced to help those wishing to apply for a permanent residency visa. Those who have been nominated by state or government agencies, or sponsored by a family member residing in regional areas, will receive a total of 15 points.
- STEM qualifications have a total of 15 points.
- Spouses or de facto partners will receive 10 points, as will applicants who do not have a spouse or partner. However, partners who are proficient in English will receive 5 points.
How does the Skilled Visa 491 favor small businesses?
The Australian Government is really selective with the people who enter the territory, this is because it is important to maintain its place among the first in terms of quality of life. The visa sponsored is a temporary tool that allows family members of people with skilled jobs to spend at least 5 years with their loved ones, however, they must live in the regional areas of the country.
And what happens with these territories that, despite having Australia, are much quieter areas compared to Sydney or Melbourne, where the party and the activity is maintained almost 24 hours. The regional areas are very far away from the main cities of the country, and although they do not improve the quality of life of any citizen, most of them prefer to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the big cities.
It is for that reason, that small businesses that are far from the cosmopolitan city, benefit for at least 5 years from foreigners who wish to live in Australia, but who must remain during this time in the regional areas, no doubt, in 5 years a small business can easily become a big one, much more in Australia, where its wonderful economy raises the expectations of any investor.
Since the skilled Visa sponsored 491 appeared, the small companies located in the regional areas of the country had hoped to increase their income, due to the fact that the foreigners who come to the country through this visa are obliged to work and study for a certain period of time in this area. Undoubtedly, this is not only a point in favor of small companies, but it also allows foreigners to gain experience and perform much better in medium and large companies, if they wish to do so.