Have you ever wondered, how do I get a work visa for Australia? Is it possible? Do I need a degree? Well, today we’ll be clarifying these and other questions. First, to apply to a work visa in Australia, it is important that you are a professional. You need to have a degree and work experience in one of Australia’s most in-demand occupations, as the Australian Government is looking for qualified individuals to help maintain the rate of economic growth.
By meeting these requirements you will be able to obtain a permanent visa for you and your family, so you can fulfil your dream of living and work in Australia.
In order to apply, you must check if your profile exists within the most in-demand occupations and if you meet certain requirements.
So, how to apply for a work visa in Australia?
Here are some basic requirements you must have to apply for a qualified or ‘Skilled’ visa, that allows you to live and work in Australia:
- Be under 45 years of age.
- Have a professional title or certificate.
- A minimum of 1-year experience after graduating.
- Competent English level (minimum 6 IELTS).
As a result of having a permanent residence visa you can enjoy certain benefits, for example:
- Australia has one of the most stable economies in the world, and it’s considered the second-highest quality of life in the world.
- You won’t have to worry when looking for a job, as it usually takes two months for new residents to get a job.
- Different job opportunities with excellent salaries.
- Study at Australian schools and universities at the same cost as an Australian citizen.
- Free access to the public health system, which is one of the best in the world.
- You can sponsor other family members, so they can migrate to Australia.
- Be safe, as public safety levels throughout the country are high.
- Have access to government subsidies.
- Apply for Australian citizenship after 4 years of residence in the country.
- Your children will be able to attend school free of charge.
There is also another type of work visa that allows you to live and work in Australia for a period of time, so you should renew it when it expires.
This visa is obtained when an Australian company decides to hire you for a minimum of two years. Obtaining this visa means that an employer bets on you as a worker and is willing to pay for you to stay working with them.
- This is a temporary work visa linked to a particular Company.
- You must work exclusively for that Company.
- You can bring your family and/or partner.
- Demonstrate a certain level of English.
As soon as you make the decision to migrate, seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent. They will show you how to obtain a work visa for Australia and the best path you should take to do so. That way, you will know that your migration process will be carried out in the best possible way.
You have learned how to get a work visa for Australia. If you want to receive our advice with your immigration process, you can contact us through our communication channels. Rest assured that at Visado we will be ready to help you fulfil your dream of living in Australia.
Take the free eligibility test to find out what your score is and qualify an Australian visa according to your profile. Besides, you can schedule an appointment with us and get an informative guide on the visa you wish to apply to.