Sydney - Melbourne - Brisbane - Gold Coast. Australia
Migration Agents
Blog Book OnlineEligibility Test

If you’re thinking of migrating, it’s important to be aware of how you can validate your studies in Australia, studies that you’ve possibly been able to do in your home country.

The validity of your studies will depend on certain factors, so you should do the following:

Investigate whether your studies are recognised by an authority in Australia:

The Australian Government publishes lists where the Department of Immigration (DIBP) specifies the professions or occupations with the possibility of obtaining sponsorship or permission to work in Australia for up to four years.

These occupations usually coincide with studies that must be recognized by an Australian authority or Assessing Authority.

To find out if your studies should be evaluated by an Australian association, look at the published lists and search the Assessing Authorities website. If you can’t find it, you can also search for Licence Recognition.

After your research, you will have to do a procedure according to your studies:

1. Studies that do not require recognition by an authority in Australia:

Studies that do not require technical or specific knowledge and that are similar in Australia do not need an assessment by an Australian authority. For example: Marketing, Design, etc.

You only need to:

  • Translate the titles using a Certified Native Translator.
  • Obtain the legalization of the document through the authorities of the Government of your country.

If the document is from a university, you must select the type of study carried out and begin the procedure.

In the case of non-university documents, you will need to access the relevant education authority in your country and request the procedure.

2. Studies that require recognition by an Australian association:

Find your Assessing Authority and contact the Appreciation Authority to ask for eligibility for your title in Australia.

3. Recognised studies not directly validated:

Some professions require very specific knowledge and cannot be validated without having to pass a course in Australia first. For example architects, lawyers, teachers, and all professions in the health sector such as nurses and doctors.

In this case, it is important that you contact the Ministry of Education of your country and ask what are the steps to follow.

Courses that cannot be recognised or validated:

  • Courses for less than one year.
  • Standalone subjects.
  • Incomplete studies
  • Secondary school.
  • Vocational certificates.
  • Work experience.
  • English Certificates.

At Visado we want you to fulfil your dream of migrating to Australia, that is why we will advise you on the application of your visa. This way you will be assured that your migration process will be carried out in the best possible way.

You have just read: “How to validate your studies in Australia” To receive our advice on your migration process, you can contact us through our communication channels. Rest assured that at Visado we will be ready to help you fulfil your dream of living in Australia.

Take the free eligibility test to find out what your score is and qualify for an Australian visa according to your profile. Besides, you can schedule an appointment with us and get an informative guide on the visa you wish to apply to.

Making your Australian Visa a reality

Leave a Reply

Information is one of the keys to success.

Stay up to date with the latest immigration news. Don’t miss any relevant announcements or information that can be useful to your process.

Recent News

Advantages for international students in Australia: 485 graduate visa
March 23, 2021
Complete guide for the Skilled work regional 491 visa australia
March 23, 2021
Complete guide for the skilled independent visa subclass 189
March 23, 2021