You can fulfil your dream of migrating to Australia with the studies and work experience you currently have. You can also qualify for an Australian student visa if you want to do an academic program.
If you have qualifications and experience relevant for a skilled occupation in Australia, you can do a 12-month study here, and then apply for a Skilled visa.
The Skilled visa is offered for skilled workers whose professions are among the most demanded occupations.
If your occupation is not on the list, you must study in Australia for 2 years. After finishing your studies, you can apply for a graduate visa, work in Australia and then, apply for the Skilled visa.
You should keep in mind that not all courses offered in Australia help you keep your eligibility. We recommend getting advice from an immigration expert before applying to a course and know the requirements to study in Australia.
These some requirements to migrate to Australia when applying for a qualified visa:
- The studies carried out are related to a high demand occupation in Australia.
- The duration of the course.
- The type of course (English, business certificate, bachelor’s, graduate, master’s or doctoral degree).
- The physical location of the institute and whether it is located in regional Australia.
- Your age.
- Your level of English at the time of graduation.
- Whether you have previous work experience or qualifications in the occupation and the level of your previous studies.
When you apply for a visa at the end of your studies, you will be granted a bridging visa while your application is processed. This bridging visa will allow you to work full time in Australia until you can get a qualified visa.
Study requirements to apply for a qualified visa in Australia:
- Type of qualification: You must complete a degree, diploma or business qualification. These include master’s degrees, postgraduate diplomas, and doctorates.
- CRICOS Registration: Completed courses must be on the approved list of courses for international students (CRICOS). There can be problems if your educational institution withdraws the course before completing your studies.
- 2 academic years: You must complete at least 92 weeks according to the CRICOS register of the courses.
- Duration of 16 months: You must study in Australia for at least 16 months.
- You must take the course in English.
The study must comply with the visa conditions taking into account the academic requirement of 2 years. There should be no problem if you are studying in Australia with a student visa, as long as you meet the study in Australia requirements. You must make sure that you are not studying on a visa with restricted study rights, as this would be a problem.
When living and studying in a regional area, you can earn an additional 5 points on the immigration point test. When you receive the state nomination, you get 15 points. You can also have other benefits for studying in regional areas, including an additional year on the graduate work visa.
The cities that do not belong to this regional area in Australia are Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
You just read: “Study requirements to migrate to Australia”. If you want to know what are the requirements to study in Australia, you can contact us. Rest assured that in Visado we will be ready to help you fulfil your dream of living in Australia.