To apply to a work visa in Australia, it is important that you are a professional, have a degree and work experience in one of Australia’s most in-demand occupations, as the Australian Government is looking for qualified individuals to help maintain the rate of economic growth.
By meeting these requirements you will be able to obtain a permanent visa for you and your family so you can fulfill your dream of living and working in Australia.
In order to apply, you must check if your profile exists within the most in-demand occupations and if you meet certain requirements.
Here are some basic requirements you must have to apply for a qualified or ‘Skilled’ visa that allows you to live and work in Australia:
- Be under 45 years of age.
- Have a professional title or certificate.
- Have a minimum of 1-year experience after graduating.
- Have a competent English level (minimum 6 IELTS).
By having a permanent residence visa you can enjoy certain benefits, for example:
- Australia has one of the most stable economies in the world and is considered the second-highest quality of life in the world.
- You won’t have to worry when looking for a job, as it usually takes two months for new residents to get a job.
- You will have different job opportunities with excellent salaries.
- You will be able to study at Australian schools and universities at the same cost as an Australian citizen.
- You will have free access to the public health system, which is one of the best in the world.
- You can sponsor other family members, so they can migrate to Australia.
- You can be safe, as public safety levels throughout the country are high.
- You will have access to government subsidies.
- You can apply for Australian citizenship after 4 years of residence in the country.
- Your children will be able to attend school free of charge.
There is also another type of work visa that allows you to live and work in Australia for a period of time, so you should renew it when it expires.
This visa is obtained when an Australian company decides to hire you for a minimum of two years. Obtaining this visa means that an employer bets on you as a worker and is willing to pay for you to stay working with them.
- This is a temporary work visa linked to a particular Company.
- You must work exclusively for that Company.
- You can bring your family and/or partner.
- You may need to demonstrate a certain level of English.
As soon as you make the decision to migrate to Australia, seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent to show you the best path you should take, so you will be assured that your migration process will be carried out in the best possible way.
You just read: “How to apply to a work visa in Australia” To receive our advice with your immigration process, you can contact us through our communication channels. Rest assured that at Visado we will be ready to help you fulfill your dream of living in Australia.
Take the free eligibility test to find out what your score is and qualify an Australian visa according to your profile. Besides, you can schedule an appointment with us and get an informative guide on the visa you wish to apply to.